Friday, July 23, 2010

SIGGRAPH 2010

I am flying off to LA to attend my first ever SIGGRAPH conference tomorrow. I couldn't be more excited - its something i've always wanted to do since discovering SIGGRAPH papers existed when I was studying computer graphics at UMIST. ( 15+ yrs ago ! ).
I'm not sure why exactly but i've always been a fan of Jim Blinn's articles and work, and always thought it would be quite cool to attend a talk of his or meet him at Siggraph perhaps.
Any road up I am also due to give a short presentation at Pixar's exhibition booth about rendering the Olympus Map room clouds for Clash of the Titans. I am experiencing terror and excitement in equal measure. This is a new experience, usually its just the terror on its own. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

No comments: